Monday, March 5, 2012

Trying Edmodo





I saw everyone in my EdTech class using Edmodo so I had to check it out. I am new to social networking, and I am not sure I like it either. I do not have a facebook, myspace, linkedIn, or any other social networking account, so this was new. (Ok, I set up a twitter account earlier this year.)
My early impression is that this is a good way to organize a class. I can post assignments, send notes to the class, even give and grade quizzes. The RSS feature allows me and my students to receive automatic updates and thus adds a level of convenience to class management.
What remains to be seen is how the communications and collaboration elements will work. As I use it in real classes I should get a better feel of how it will work. Anyone have any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment